Practices have begun for middle school (grades 6-8) football. We currently have 8 players. We need at least a few more in order to safely play this season! A few common questions:
- What does my child need in order to play?
- They only need to be a student at Pellston Public Schools (either online or in-person) and have a valid sports physical. If they got one last year (after 4/15/2019) we only need an additional health questionnaire!
- Does it cost anything?
- NO! Pellston Public Schools does not charge a participation or athletic fee!
- Does my child have to wear a mask while they play?
- Due to Executive Order, all players in any sport where 6′ of distance can’t be maintained, must wear facial coverings. Pellston Public Schools has ordered clear splash shields that are compliant with the policy that will affix to the inside of the face mask for all middle school and high school football players. These should arrive late this week/early next week.
- What about travel?
- PPS provides bus transportation to and from the games, however if as a parent you are more comfortable transporting your student, you are welcome to do that!
- What time are practices?
- Practices are each non-game day from 4-6pm at the practice field.
- My child has never played football. Can he come out for the team?
- Yes! No prior experience with sports is necessary.
The players have been working very hard and we hope to get a few more players to come out so that we can play games this year!!! Any questions, please contact Matt Sheick, Athletic Director at 231-539-8801 x10080